NCA is hiring a highly organized and self-motivated Office Administrator and Grant Manager. This position will work directly with NCA’s Executive Director to complete a variety of administrative tasks necessary to maintain and grow organizational operations.
Newtown Creek Alliance (NCA) is a community based non-profit with the mission to Reveal, Restore, and Revitalize Newtown Creek, a Superfund waterway that borders Brooklyn and Queens. NCA oversees a number of programs relating to environmental education, advocacy and community engagement, as well as environmental monitoring, horticulture and volunteer opportunities. As a leading voice for the cleanup of and improved connection to the Creek, NCA works closely with a number of longstanding partners amongst community-based organizations, local businesses, environmental groups, and educational institutions. For more information on NCA visit: http://www.newtowncreekalliance.org/
- Assist with grant research, grant writing and reporting and development/fundraising strategies for the organization
- Composing, tracking, and filing necessary paperwork related to City and State designated funding sources (such as Discretionary Funding)
- Assist with bookkeeping, tracking receipts, payments and outstanding invoices
- Track donations and oversee acknowledgement/thank you letters for donors
- Assist with email inquiries, comment letter writing, and file keeping (digital and in-office)
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising events
- Assist in composition and execution of email newsletters
- Work alongside NCA staff to coordinate and expand communications strategy and outreach
- 5+ years experience working in an office environment
- 2+ years experience working in a development related role
- Experience working at a non-profit organization (or similar)
- Proficiency with Google suite, spreadsheet and database management
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a small team environment
- Familiarity with City, State, and Federal funding processes is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp is a plus
Compensation and Schedule
- Salary $58K to $64K, based on experience
- NCA offers full-time employees 2 weeks paid vacation, sick/personal leave, monthly HRA reimbursement for qualifying health care costs
- Our office is located within the Kingsland Wildflowers building in industrial Greenpoint
- We are open M-F 10am to 6pm; with some flexibility for designing work schedule/remote options
- Opportunities to participate in additional NCA programs, professional development, and events based on organizational needs
Newtown Creek Alliance is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. It is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
To Apply, Please Submit:
1. Cover letter (.pdf)
2. Resume (.pdf) with at least two references to Info@newtowncreekalliance.org with ‘NCA Admin’ in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged. The deadline to apply is Friday February 24, 2023 (11:59pm).