In 2018, NCA in close partnership with Riverkeeper and Perkins+Will released the Newtown Creek Vision plan, a 150 page report chronicling priority issues and 85 proposed projects to address Remediation, Restoration, Recreation and Resilience. The report builds upon decades of planning and visioning efforts by numerous community members and organizations; framing ideas in the wake of upcoming Superfund remediation and Clean Water improvements. We look forward to continuing these planning conversations with local residents, businesses, agencies and elected officials. Learn more about the process here.
- Queens Chronicle “‘Vision Plans’ Propose Upgrades At Estuaries”
- Queens Tribune “A Win For The Waterfront”
- Queens Tribune “LIC, Flushing Waterfront Plans Released”
- LIC Post “Newtown Creek Revitalization Plan Would Bring Looping Public Park And Walkway To Dutch Kills Tributary”
- Greenpoint Post “Ambitious Long-Term Plan For Newtown Creek Envisions Public Shoreline Park, Green Infrastructure Along Waterway”
- Greenpoint Star “Groups Unveil Vision Plans For Newtown Creek, Flushing Waterways”
- Qns.com “From Green Industry To Waterfront Parks, Activists Plan A Cleaner Future For Newtown Creek In Queens”